AMP Life Insurance
AMP Life Insurance (Australian Mutual Provident Society) is one of New Zealand’s oldest and best known insurance companies and has been providing insurance for Kiwis since 1849.
AMP life insurance began as a community initiative to provide support for families that were suffering because the breadwinner was prevented, by injury or illness, from earning an income. In those days New Zealand didn’t have a welfare system and the insurer filled that gap.
Today the company continues that community focus and has more than 400,000 customers who enjoy a wide range of comprehensive insurance products including life, crisis, income, health, and disability insurance.
The insurer is also a default Kiwisaver provider.
Key benefits of AMP Lifetrack Life Cover include:
- Life cover payment– can receive a lump sum payment of your choosing for your family or estate when you die
- Terminal illness payment—provides an early payout if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness that will result in your death within 12 months
- Funeral expenses payment–an advance payment of up to $15,000 to help with funeral expenses and immediate estate costs
- Planning for the future–provides expert financial advice to help your family make the best use of the full claim payout
In 2016 the company
- Paid out $123.1 million in insurance claims to Kiwi families
- Supported New Zealanders who could no longer work because of an illness or injury by paying out $20.2 million in income insurance claims
AMP Life Limited (AMP Life) is credited with an AA- insurer financial strength rating from Standard & Poor’s.